miércoles, 13 de noviembre de 2019

At the doctor. Dialogue.

Resultado de imagen de doctor's officeTry to understand this dialogue at home. Tomorrow (or on Friday) we will work it:

Doctor. Hello, good morning. Please, come in.
Patient: Hello.
Dr: Name?
Pt: My name is Peter.
Dr: And surname?
Pt: Hatfield.
Dr. How old are you?
Pt. I'm 11 years old.
Dr. Ok, Peter. Welcome to the hospital. How can I help you? What's the problem?
Pt. I have fever, cough and I sneeze frequently. I also feel pain on my joints.
Dr. Humm... Let's take your temperature. Oh, dear! 40º! It's a lot.
Pt. What am I suffering, doctor?
Dr. I'm afraid you have the flu.
Pt. The flu? Oh, no. I can't get sick now. I have a very important exam tomorrow.
Dr. The flu is the flu. You have to rest at home, at least one week.
Pt. Can you prescribe me something for the sympthoms? Really: I have to do this exam.
Dr. Well, yes. Here I have some anti - flu pills. You can take one a day, every morning.
Pt. That's wonderful! Thank you so much, Doctor.
Dr. You are welcome.
Pt. Bye!

Vocabulary: Flu (gripe); joints (articulaciones) I'm afraid... (Me temo que...)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario